PERMAS enables the engineer to perform comprehensive analyses and simulations in many fields of applications like stiffness analysis, stress analysis, determination of natural modes,dynamic simulations in the time and frequency domain, determination of temperature fields and electromagnetic fields, analysis of anisotropic material like fibre-reinforced composites.
PERMAS determines a large number of results during the course of these analyses, which may be used in the assessment of the structural behaviour like deflections, stresses and strains, natural frequencies and mode shapes, strain energy distribution, sound vibration power density, time history and interaction with other parts of the structure.
Selected examples demonstrate typical areas of application for PERMAS:
- Car Body Analysis Analysis of various aspects in car body development.
- Engine Analysis Analysis of different physical effects for combustion engines.
- Part Connections Modeling and analysis of structural connections and connection elements
- Brake Squeal Analysis Idenitifcation of friction induced dynamic instability.
- Rotating Systems Consideration of special constraints for rotating systems.
- Actively Controlled Systems Coupled simulation of structural dynamics and active control.
- Machine Tools Modeling, analysis and stability study of turning machines
- Robust Optimum Design Combination of optimization and reliability analysis.
- Mechatronic Components Thermal design of mechatronic components by electro-thermal FE analysis coupled to CFD analysis