The PERMAS Finite Element Software
PERMAS is among the most advanced Finite Element Software Systems worldwide.
It offers a complete range of physical models at the highest possible performance, quality and reliability.
Solutions for statics, dynamics, heat transfer, fluid-structure acoustics and optimization are available on many different
Review the PERMAS product description for a complete overview of the possibilities.
Superior Quality and Reliability
Leading manufacturers trust the high quality and performance of PERMAS for their daily work. The software plays an important role in the design cycle of automobiles, ships, aerospace structures and many more. For almost two decades the high reliability of PERMAS has been appreciated by many structural analysis departments.
Among others PERMAS supports short modelling and computing times by the following capabilities:
- High performance computing
- for large and very large models,
- with fast solvers,
- and parallelization.
- Special high performance algorithms
- for contact analysis,
- for eigenvalues with MLDR method,
- for fluid-structure coupling.
- Productivity tools
- for automatic part coupling and incompatible meshes,
- with substructuring and submodelling,
- by integrated optimization.
PERMAS offers a complete range of physical models and mathematical solutions to support every aspect of your development work:
- Thermo-mechanical analysis (TM)
- Linear and non-linear static analysis: linear and non-linear material, geometric non-linear behavior, contact with and without friction and slip-stick conditions, creep and non-linear elasticity.
- Heat Transfer: steady-state or transient analysis including non-linear and temperature dependent material and convectivity data with direct coupling to mechanical analysis, heat exchange by radiation.
- Vibro-acoustic analysis (VA)
- Dynamics: response analysis in the time or frequency domain, steady state response, spectral and earthquake response, random response, and acoustics, direct or in the reduced space of the Eigenmodes, many different models for mass, damping and kinematic behavior.
- Design Optimization (DO)
- Optimization: topology optimization, shape and sizing optimization, various design variables and design objectives, superposition of multiple loading cases, direct coupling with static, dynamic or contact analysis.
- Reliability Analysis: find robust optimum designs that exhibit a low probability of failure, direct coupling with design optimization.
- Electro-magnetic analysis (EM)
- Electromagnetic Fields: solution of Maxwell's equations for induction problems, wave propagation, eddy currents or general electrodynamics.
The same software and the same model are used in all of the above solutions. Coupled and combined solutions are easily possible for many of the above analysis types.
For all analysis types, highly efficient solvers boost the performance of PERMAS. The elapsed time as well as the use of memory and disk space resources is considerably smaller compared to other general purpose finite element systems. Multi-processing is supported using a general approach to parallelization.
PERMAS directly reads and writes many data formats including MEDINA, CATIA, PATRAN, I-DEAS, ADAMS, DADS, SIMPACK, NASTRAN, MATLAB. In some cases, PERMAS is completely integrated into the CAD software.
Questions? Ask us!
INTES Ingenieurgesellschaft für technische Software mbH
Management: Dr. Reinhard Helfrich
Commercial register: Stuttgart HRB 10 978
VAT registration number: DE 147803245
Tel.: 0049 711 78499-0
Fax: 0049 711 78499-10