12th PERMAS Users' Conference in 2014
Excellent presentations on 30th anniversary of INTES
On May 7th to 9th, 2014, the 12th PERMAS Users' Conference took place in Stuttgart with 160 participants from 13 countries. 21 presentations from different fields covered a big part of PERMAS functionalities.
INTES cordially thanks all presenters and the audience for their participation.
An important part of the conference was dedicated to the new PERMAS Version 15 and the new VisPER Version 4 which will be shipped to the customers soon. Among others major achievements include:
- Self contact.
- Force-controlled contact bodies.
- Linearization of contacts with threshold for subsequent vibration analysis.
- Multiple temperature changes with temperature-dependent material can be solved in much faster run time (under certain conditions).
- Post-buckling is now enabled, e.g. with subsequent linear buckling analysis after buckling.
- Selection of modes for backtransformation after complex eiegenvalue analysis.
- Export of contribution factors of real modes after response analysis.
- Essentially reduced run time for direct fluid-structure coupled frequency response analysis.
- General sampling procedure for one or more variables to make trends visible.
- Topology optimization shows clear separation of filled and void elements.
- Shorter runt times for topology optimization.
- Non-parametric shape optimization for free-form optimization.
- Use of GPU to accelerate compute-intensive solutions.
The contents of the conference program was as follows:
- Realization of nonlinear stopper characteristics in modal transient road excitation simulations with full vehicle PERMAS models; St. Oexl, E. Fründ, E. Stürmer, V. Sing, Daimler AG
- Vibration analysis of cooling tower for Russian freight locomotive; M. Seyfang, M. Renz, M. Metsch, MAHLE Industrial Thermal Systems
- Vibro-acoustic analysis in the medium and low frequency; J. Todesco, J.-M. Sanchez, DCNS
- Insights to PERMAS Version 15; R. Fischer, INTES GmbH
- Validation of bellow-type seals against test; F.-H. Schenk, MAHLE Behr
- Analysis about bearing of wind turbine; Q. Liu, Z. Yang, Beijing Flyond Technology Co., Ltd.; H. Wang, Luoyang LYC Bearing Co., Ltd.
- Evaluation of the self-loosening of bolted connections with PERMAS; M. Winkler, Chr. Moosbauer, ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Application of PERMAS for accurate prediction of gear whine; H. Takekawa, Toyota Motor Corporation
- Stress reduction on assembled parts using free-form optimization; L. Belz, M. Dahlbokum, FPT
- Topology optimization of hydraulic control units using specific target objects; W. Herter, ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- VisPER Version 4; O. Sommer, INTES GmbH
- PERMAS world-wide: Challenges in an international CAE network; Th. Hergath, Daimler AG
- Overcoming challenges in truck and bus development of Mercedes-Benz Türk by using PERMAS&VisPER; S. Atamer, MB Türk A.S.
- Nonlinear buckling and design of hull structures; J.-M. Sanchez, H. Ledentu, DCNS
- Advanced approaches in the simulation of brake comfort; S. Carvajal, D. Wallner, Porsche AG; O. Jakubský, Petr Sedlácek, Porsche Engineering Services s.r.o.
- Dynamic analysis of launcher: Modelling a non-linear damper with the harmonic balance method; F. Breviere, J.-F. Durand, Astrium; J. Marchesini, INTES France
- Some aspects of linear and nonlinear simulation of dynamics in machining; A. Melchinger, INDEX-Werke GmbH & Co. KG Hahn & Tessky
- Elastic-plastic contact analysis about wheel rolling; Q. Liu, Z. Yang, Beijing Flyond Technology Co., Ltd.; H. Liu, CNR Sifang Institute
- Structural analysis of polyethylene fuel and Ad-Blue tanks used in buses with the help of PERMAS; B. Ustaoglu, MB Türk A.S.
- Intelligent and efficient postprocessing of FEM simulations; J. Kukla, R. Houzvicka, MBtech Bohemia s. r. o.; W. Ganzert, ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG
- Mapping and coupling procedures between PERMAS and OpenFOAM; Y. Cao, G. Nötzel-Steidle, INTES GmbH; J. Marchesini, INTES France
The proceedings are available at INTES or at any bookstore under the following title:
Finite Elements in Engineering Applications, Proceedings of the 12th PERMAS Users' Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, 7-9 May 2014 (CD-ROM in Jewelcase with PDF files of all presentations), ISBN 978-3-926494-14-6.